The intention of this article is to help you troubleshoot any issues that you are encountering with your DirectCam Broadcaster.
Before we begin, please visit the two articles below to help you understand how our DirectCam Broadcast works and its minimum requirements:
If you are experiencing issues while trying to broadcast, please try the following possible solutions:
Clear your Browser's Cache and Cookies
Please make sure that you clear your browser's cache and cookies from the beginning of time (selecting any other timeframe will not have the same effect) since we regularly add new content to the site and cache conflicts are the prime reason for issues that you might experience.
- Google Chrome (Instructions can be found here)
- Safari macOS (Instructions can be found here)
- Safari IOS (Instructions can be found here)
- Mozilla Firefox (Instructions can be found here)
Allow permissions in the browser when prompted
If you are encountering a black screen, users complaining that they cannot see or hear you, or you cannot hear notifications from the site, please check that your browser has access to use the microphone, webcam, and sound. This is often accessible using icons in the browser address bar, otherwise, it will be in browser settings or device settings.
Check your Webcam and Microphone
In some cases, your camera or microphone might not be connected properly or they can be faulty.
Please follow the steps below to identify the issue with your camera and microphone:
- Check your camera and microphone are working in other apps - but be sure to exit those apps before starting the Broadcaster.
- If your camera and microphone do work in other apps, make sure you have selected the devices in the DirectCam Broadcaster Settings Menu before you click Start. The settings menu is the icon with three dots on it.
- If your camera and microphone do not work in other apps, uninstall and reinstall your drivers.
How to Uninstall and Reinstall Camera Driver
How to Uninstall and Reinstall Microphone Driver
- If you are using an external camera or microphone, try a different USB port
- If the issue persists try a different camera or microphone
Check your Internet Connection
Dropped frames, buffering, low-quality video, and even disconnects from the DirectCam Broadcaster - these are just a few symptoms of a bad Internet connection.
Below are a few possible causes for your internet connection issues:
- Slow connection - please perform an Internet Connection speed test using this link and compare your result with the minimum requirement stated here
- If you are using a laptop, connect it to the router via cable, as WiFi might not be stable enough if you are too far from the router.
- Avoid 3g/4g/5g networks as they are not stable
- Contact your ISP provider (Despite boasting fast connection speeds sometimes your ISP might throttle your connection down when they observe significant amounts of bandwidth transfer)
Other Possible Solutions
- Your processor might be overloaded by running too many unnecessary programs or browser tabs. Close all programs and browser tabs that are not necessary for your work.
- Make sure not to use any VPN, proxy, or AdBlock software.
- Make sure there is enough light and that you wave to the camera upon starting (If the system does not detect enough lighting or any movement, it will disconnect)
- Try a different browser (preferably Chrome, Firefox, or Opera)
- Try a different device, if that is fine, then the issue needs to be locally diagnosed on the other device which is causing issues.
In case you have a problem you cannot fix yourself or find in the solutions above, feel free to contact us with the following information:
- Details about the issue
- Screenshots/photos or screen recordings/videos of any errors
- Device brand, model, and OS version running
- Browser name and version
- Exact dates/times when you noticed the problem