All businesses providing payment services that could be misused to fund terrorism or to facilitate money laundering and organized crime are required to perform what is known as 'due diligence on their customers. Namely, to take steps that allow them to 'know their customer'. This process is more commonly phrased as 'know your customer' or KYC for short.
As you will know from the banks or financial institutions you already deal with, providing photographic ID and proof of address is required before being able to make any transactions.
The banking partners that AdultWork.com uses to make payments to bank accounts have now put the onus on us to collect this information for them. We are unable to make bank payments to people unless they have provided KYC information.
How do I provide KYC?
On the Credits Transfer Request page (under the 'Other' tab), next to the Account Name field for bank payments is a button labeled 'Choose Beneficiary'.
- Click the Choose Beneficiary button.
- Click the Add Beneficiary button.
- Enter the account name, normally the name of the account holder or company that owns the bank account.
- If your bank account is a company account, tick the Is Company box.
- Enter the address associated with the account, i.e. the company's address. Do not enter the address of the bank.
- Upload photographic ID for the Company's Director.
- Upload a utility bill, bank statement, or government-issued document that clearly shows the address associated with the bank account, i.e. that of your company.
Our Moderation Team will check your documents and when approved, you will be advised by email. We envisage this taking no longer than a couple of hours but if you do it late at night it may not be approved until the next morning.
What if I don't want to provide KYC?
As mentioned above, you have already provided this information to your bank, your lawyer, probably your mobile telephone provider, and numerous other organizations. If you don't wish to provide it here, you will need to use one of the other withdrawal providers such as CosmoPay. It is highly likely that they will also require this information from you too. For those in the UK, you can also convert your funds into Gift e-Vouchers (click here for more info).
Will my information be safe?
Your information will be held securely and in full compliance with the GDPR. It will only be passed onto payment providers as requested by them as part of their due diligence and KYC checks.
We can delete the information upon request, however, you will then not be able to make bank withdrawals.
More information about our policies and a bit on AML/KYC can be found in our Legal Documents.